Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

Saturday 18 June 2016

Green hairstreak Butterfly



For the past few weeks I have tried to see and then photograph a green hairstreak butterfly as I had never seen  one le alone photographed one. I didn't 't realise how small they are and how well well camouflaged they are against green hedgerows. They form small colonies and I managed two or three visits to well known sites but either the weather intervened or I didn't look at the correct place for them. Eventually I went to Ivinghoe beacon in Bedfordshire a couple of weeks ago on a nice sunny day and found a few perched on the hedgerow and was delighted to see them and photograph them.. These are a few of my images.

2 comments:

  1. three beautiful images Anthony.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images Anthony, I have only seen one at Land,s End.

    ReplyDelete