Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

Thursday 4 July 2013

West is Best?





I caught up with one of the West Penwith Chough families last week in West Cornwall. As far as I know one adult pair fledged 5 young birds in the area a couple of weeks ago. I visited the area around Botallack on a couple of occasions and managed to catch up with these wonderful birds. On one of my visits I saw a family 7 Choughs in the air fairly close to me and I managed to get some images of the adults and 2 young when they landed on some rocks in front of me. If anyone would like to see these Choughs now appears to be a good time and they can be usually located anywhere between Pendeen/Levant mine and Cape Cornwall on the coastal route. Anyone one wanting an update on the Cornish Choughs should log into Cornishchoughs.org/ for updates. On to the images.

3 comments:

  1. Great Set Anthony, looks like West Penwith birds are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like west is the best,great set Anthony.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot more activity over at Botallack, I might check the Lizard tomorrow although I imagine they have fledged now!

    ReplyDelete