Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Gannets at Gwennap Head



















During my stay in Cornwall I drove out to Porthgwarra on two occasions as I love walking on the cliffs across Gwennap Head towards Lands End.On one of my visits I tried some flight shots of the numerous Gannets that were flying past and diving into the sea. I had very mixed results partly because they were hand held rather than from a tripod.I have posted the best three images here. If you look closely at the juvenile Gannet emerging from the sea you will see the small fish that he had caught.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent shots!

    Dear friend,I have an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nowt wrong with those pics Anthony, it's very difficult to get flying shots !

    ReplyDelete
  3. spectacular and evocative images

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shot of the juvenile emerging with the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, one of my favcourite birds. The juv with what looks like a greater Sand Eel is great.

    ReplyDelete