Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

Sunday 31 October 2010

Osprey












































One of the highlights of my recent trip to Cyprus was a close encounter with a migrating Osprey at Acna Dam. I had previously not seen one let alone photographed one so was very pleased when I saw the above bird hunting over the dam. I saw the bird on separate days and twice saw it dive and pluck a fish from the Dam. In the bottom photo if you look closely you will the bird clutching a fish that had just been plucked from the Dam. I was slightly unlucky that each time the Osprey hunted and dived for a fish it did so no more than thirty feet from where I had been standing 5 minutes earlier. I cannot complain too much however as at times this Osprey was no more than thirty feet above me and it was a pleasurable experience being so close to this hunting bird.

4 comments:

  1. Great shots, Anthony! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not luck Anthony, it hard work, you have to be there in the first place - well done, nice shots.

    ReplyDelete